Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer 5-8 year Experience – New York
West 8 New York has a need for a 5-8 year experienced Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect with a strong technical-focus background. Contributing to our multidisciplinary team this individual will be able to work collectively and be open to being coached by and overseen by a Project Director. The future candidate will support projects in all design phases and will assist in drawing plans, design detail principles, create visualizations and inform presentations. Candidate will report directly to the Project Director and Principal.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or relevant field
- Previous experience in the documentation and construction environment
- Strong conceptual, graphic, and design talent
- Excellent knowledge and experience in early design phases such as concept and schematic design
- Excellent knowledge and experience on large scale projects
- Strong AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills
- Knowledge of rendering software such as V-Ray, Maxwell and/or Lumion
- Knowledge of grading design, planting design, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Knowledge of West 8’s body of work
- Workload hours in relationship to Project Needs and Client demands
- Confidence in working in a complex and international environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Is comfortable sharing accolades and praise while also being open to receive constructive feedback
- Eligibility to work in the US (NYC residents a plus)
- Fluent in English, bilingual ability is an plus
Please submit your cover letter and résumé as a single PDF file to the following email address: jobsNYC@west8.com.
Please keep your PDF portfolio separately under 8mb. Weblinks are also welcome to share. As a piece of advice: we appreciate simpler portfolios, showcasing related work to the profile requirements.
added on: 26-06-2019