Systeembeheerder / System Administrator
West 8 is an international office for urban design, landscape architecture and infrastructure, founded in 1987. Our team consists of eighty-four people from seventeen countries. Together we form a collective of designers that builds visionary and groundbreaking projects around the world.
For our Rotterdam-based office, we are looking for a service-oriented and flexible:
Systeembeheerder / System Administrator, Fulltime (Parttime negotiable)
About the position
IT is a fundamental pillar in West 8’s design processes. Our staff – designers, artists, engineers – employs a large variety of digital tools to research, sketch, draw, model, calculate and communicate internally and to our global clientele. As our System Administrator, you play a key role in keeping our IT operations running smoothly and in enabling our team to perform at its best at all times.
Daily tasks include: workplace management and support; monitoring services and backups; storage management and reporting; software deployment and management; and documentation/administration.
The main systems and applications we work with are:
Windows Server 2008/2016, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Routing and Remote Access VPN
SQL server 2005
Scripting, Visual Basic, Powershell
Routing and Switching
VLAN and Trunking
QNAP storage servers
HPE D3600 storage
For 2020, a number of larger projects are scheduled, including the phasing out of Server 2008 and Windows 7 and the migration of Exact project management to Server 2016. Currently we work with an external service provider for a small number of complex maintenance tasks and general consultancy.
What does this job require?
The following professional qualities:
- Excellent communication skills – you’re easy to get along with and enjoy helping others.
- Reliability, flexibility and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to switch easily between tasks.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of the Dutch language is preferred (but not a requirement).
- Inventiveness and creativity in finding solutions.
- An interest in 3D design hard- and software e.g. real time rendering, 3D printing, Adobe Suite, CAD, Unreal Engine, Virtual Reality et cetera.
Why work with us as a System Administrator?
- You are responsible for IT budget management and advising on how to spend it wisely.
- You’ll be working intensively with a fun and diverse group of (mostly) young professionals.
- We welcome new ideas – there’s room for your personal contribution to improve our firm’s digital processes.
- You can take holidays – and even turn off your phone while you’re away – our external service provider has your back.
- Your workplace is located in our brand new collaborative office space in in the Fenix I building, on the buzzing Rijnhaven-Zuid waterfront in Rotterdam.
- You won’t easily find a more dynamic and innovative working atmosphere – West 8 was named the world’s most Innovative Firm in Architecture (Fast Company, 2017).
- We know you won’t come for free, but salary is highly dependable on your level of skills, experience and education. Please indicate your desired salary in your application.
Please send your CV listing relevant experience and a short personal introduction to Christian Dobrick, principal/partner: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2020. If you have any questions about the position, please direct them to this email address.
added on: 27-02-2020