Houston Botanic Garden opens to the public
The Houston Botanic Garden is now open. The first phase of the 132-acre masterplan has transformed an island in the Sims Bayou into an oasis of learning, discovery and horticultural beauty.
We congratulate our visionary client team, and all partners joining us on this fantastic project.
"The intent of the design is to seek balance in all aspects, from planting and soils, through topography and materials—the careful juxtaposition of order and chaos that is at the heart of enduring gardens,” - Donna Bridgeman-Rossi, PLA, director of implementation, West 8 NY.
The Houston Botanic Garden will welcome Houstonians from all walks of life. West 8’s Master Plan sets the framework to support the garden's shared values of sustainability and diversity, uniting the site into a coherent “only-in-Houston” garden experience.
Client: Houston Botanic Garden
Design and Construction team:
- West 8: Prime Consultant, Masterplan Vision & Landscape Architect.
- Clark Condon Associates Inc. - Role: Landscape Architects, Planting & Soil Design
- Overland Partners - Role: Architects - Welcome Pavilion
- Walter P. Moore Engineers - Role: Civil, Structural, and Bridge Engineering
- I.A. Naman + Associates Inc. – Role: Electrical Engineering
- Sweeney & Associates Inc. – Role: Irrigation Design
- Dykema Architects Inc. Role: Architects - Lagoon Pavilion
- Greenscape Pump Services Inc. - Role: Water Feature Engineering
- Olsson and Associates - Role: Soil Design Consultation
- Minor Design, Role: Signage and Wayfinding
- Berg-Oliver Associates, Inc. Role: Environmental Services & Land Use Consultation
- Harvey-Cleary Builders - General Contractor
- Landscape Art Inc. - Landscape Sub-Contractor
- B&D Contractors Inc. - Landscape Sub-Contractor
- Site Masters Play Code